Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Catch Up



I really need to get better at this blogging thing. So here is an update. Scott is in his 3rd rotation and is at St. Lukes doing his hospital rotation. Catherine is now 6 months old and growing like a weed, and I am just enjoying watching her grow.
Scott's second rotation was at Elks rehab. It wasn't a bad rotation. He never had homework, which was nice. He got to work directly with the patients. One day he told me he was playing scrabble with one of his patients for therapy. His 3rd rotation isn't bad either. He has done a lot of different things. I don't think he really likes it all that much but, it has been educational.
Catherine is adorable. She is dang near crawling and, I'm not sure I'm ready for that. She scoots a lot. She hasn't really realized she can move yet but, its just a matter of time. She knows how to do it. She can sit up all on her own. Not for a long time, she gets tired of not being able to reach her toys and lays back down. She also chews on everything she can get her hands on. She had her 6 month check up the other day and she now weighs 16 lbs 12 oz (50th percentile), is 26 inches tall (75th percentile), and her head is 17 3/4 inches around(97th percentile). Basically she is tall and has a big head. She is always laughing and talking. She loves to talk! She says Dada all the time. I doubt she is actually calling her father but, its still cute.
This last saturday my sister Elisa brought her family to see us and we all went to Roaring Springs water park. It was lots of fun. We all took turns with Catherine and Shayne so the others could go on some rides. I'm glad they came up, we had lots of fun.
Well, its time for our next big adventure. As most of you know we are leaving for New Zealand soon. We will be there for around 9 weeks. I'm starting to get really nervous. Scott will be working in a pharmacy in Gisborne for 6 weeks then we will travel around for just over 2 weeks after that, then spend 4 days in Brisbane, Australia. I am so excited but, very nervous too. It will be a very different experience. I will try to blog more often while I am there so I can share our trip with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment