Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lamb's tails and opossum hunting!

Our last week or so has been really eventful. I'll start with Scott's opossum hunting. Scott was invited to go hunting with his friend Karain Eketone. So to go opossum hunting you have to go at night because they are nocturnal. So we went over for dinner. When we get there Karain and his 4 kids are out in one of their paddocks with a fire. So we go in and I sit with Susan his wife. Scott goes out to see what Karain is up to. Little did we know, Karain planned a "suprise" for us... Somehow Karian got a hold of a bag of docked lamb's tails. yay... :( So I am just sitting inside with Susan talking. Pretty soon Scott comes in and says, "Are you hungry?" So he tells me that my dinner is waiting for me outside on the fire. At this point I'm pretty sure someone is trying to trick me into something. So I walk outside with Scott to find out that Karain has told him that all there was for dinner is lamb's tails. At this point I'm thinking I would rather starve. So we walk out there and they ask me if I want one. When Karain looks at my face he can tell I don't want one. So Scott says, "Just try one." So I do. It was awful, slimy, cold, and fatty. But, I can honestly say I tried it. So we go in and they start making dinner. WHEW!! So after dinner Karain takes his son and Scott opossum hunting. Basically it is their form of bunny bashing. They just take a light (cause you have to hunt them in the dark) and shoot them for fun. Of course they didn't even see any opossum. They did come back with 3 peacocks, 1 peahen, and 1 turkey. Although Scott said they shot more than they brought back.

No comments:

Post a Comment