Friday, January 20, 2012

Does anybody else see that light?

We are in the home stretch! Or at least that is what I keep trying to tell myself. Scott only has just over 3 months left!! I don't know if I can really call it the home stretch because he still has 2 full rotations left but, I am really trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, if I squint real hard and blink a couple of times I can almost see a little dot of light in the distance. Now we just need to find Scott a job! I keep trying to get Scott to send in applications but, he wants to worry about one thing at a time. Ha, I wish I had that problem! Scott is currently working on his P4 seminar. I guess I will explain what that is, basically he has to write this big presentation. There are a lot of steps and a bunch of hoops to jump though to get it done. They sent out a list of topics the P4's (fourth-year pharmacy students) could choose to research. So Scott had to pick a topic and a College of Pharmacy faculty member to be his evaluator. Then he had to do a little bit of research on the topic and ask the professor to be his evaluator. Then, he had to wait and see if the professor he chose would accept him (the professors were only allowed to take on 2 students each), and also see if he was the first to request that topic. No student was allowed to do the same topic as another. So, if either the professor or the topic was unavailable he would have to do this over again until he was able to get both a professor and topic lined out. Fortunately he managed to get both a topic and evaluator on the first try (others were not so lucky). Next, is preparing the presentation. It has to have studies on the topics and have 2 main articles that the presentation focuses on. But, the articles have to be approved by his evaluator. Anyway, to finish this off he has to make the presentation and present it on the 17th of February, where he will have an audience of all the other P4's here in Boise and be graded by his evaluator and another professor. The 17th really isn't that close but, Scott also wants to go see some rugby in Las Vegas the weekend before his presentation. Needless to say, he needs to get this thing done early, and that has never been his strong suit.
So, Scott doesn't want to apply for jobs until he is done with his seminar, because then he can put that on his resume.
I have been able to talk him into applying for a couple jobs. One in Twin Falls and one in Ketchum. So I guess I just have to keep my fingers (and toes) crossed and hope we can find him a job soon. If we don't find one soon, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I am so stressed over this job that I can't sleep much. If we don't find one soon, I am going to go crazy from being so sleep deprived! So, if i squint real hard maybe I can see the light and relax a little.
Here's to hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment